Sunday, April 11, 2010

San Francisco Giants, Polish Keilbasa, and TRX

I work from 5:45 to 12 noon on Saturdays. I usually roll out of bed around 4:50 so I can fall into the shower and be ready to leave by 5:20, which is when my amazing fiance picks me up. He is a little bit crazy in the head for wanting to take me every Saturday morning when he could easily be sleeping in until 11, but I would be lying if I said I didn't love it. Who wouldn't want their fiance to pick them up for a quick cup of coffee before an annoyingly early shift? Spoiled you say? Totally! I am not afraid to admit it!
Anyway, after setting my alarm on Friday night and pleasantly drifting off to sleep, I was awaken by a phone call from my man. "How cute," I thought, "He is calling me to say good morning before he comes to get me." I answer and he asks "Are you up?", I reply with "No, should I be?"
Oh No! Apparently I had set my alarm for 4:45 PM instead of AM. Not a good way to start my weekend but thankfully John saves me again! I slowly rise and get ready in a record ten minutes so we can still grab coffee before work. Work goes well but what I am really looking forward to is the Giants Game!
I always love a good Giants game, heck I love a bad Giants game because what it really means for me is a Giant Grilled Polish Keilbasa! With EVERYTHING on it, and a cold beer of course. Unfortunately, the Giants did not win this time, but they still ended the game with the most amazing fire works show I have ever seen. Plus, I got to see Tim Lincicum win his second Cy Young award in a row! History in the making! And as if that was not enough, our seats were right behind home plate in the special section where there are NO lines for the women's bathroom! I know, you think I'm lying, but its true! No lines! The game ended around 10:30, fireworks around 11, and because we are so fitness minded, we still had to walk back to bart! The 1.5 mile walk put us back to the bart station at 11:30, not bad for a regular Saturday night. Oh yeah, what I forgot to tell you was that this was no regular Saturday night. It was the night before my TRX training in the city, which I needed to be at around 8:30 the next morning. SO, I rode bart back to walnut creek FROM the city, only to turn around and ride it BACK at 7:00AM the next morning! Or so I thought...
Turns out Bart doesn't operate until after 8 on Sundays! Who knew! Well probably plenty of people except me and John. Oops, poor John, the amazing fiance who already drives me everywhere, has to take me into the city after only FIVE hours of sleep. Needless to say, caffeine was in order so we made a quick stop and were on our way. The roads were empty, which was nice, and we made great time! I was a little nervous starting out but I immediately warmed up and pushed thoughts of sleep and tiredness aside. Doug, the TRX master, triathlete and ironman was leading the class; his functionality principles and movement philosophies took me back to being at Providence Fitness in Tucson. (If you are ever in the Tucson area, check them out! They are truly amazing!) All of my frustrations of machine based exercises and indoor training routines were banished. Could I really use these straps of webbing to get a great workout outdoors? Well, I know now from my aching muscles that Yes I Can! After a short, but intense workout, some lecturing that made me excited for training again, an amazing sandwhich for lunch (if you are ever near Van Ness and Pacific in San Francisco, try Cheese Plus, super cute little place and great food!), and some practical application, I had completed my TRX training! I can now use this tool to show people how to get a great resistance workout while still enjoying the outdoors! I can now show people how to get up and get out! How to stand more, move more, and enjoy life! (The average American spends 10-16 hours a day sitting by the way! INSANE!) So even though I only had 5 hours of sleep, and I had to spend 8 hours of training on my day off, I am excited to use what I learned and can't wait to get started on my new workout routine! Guess my weekend wasn't so bad afterall! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment